About Our Program
Tabor College features a tradition of excellence and artistic success in the performing arts with strong community support for performance and academic pursuits. At Tabor, you will have the opportunity to learn from nationally-recognized faculty members who have chosen to invest their lives in developing the artistic skills of young performers.
Graduate Student in Vocal Performance/Opera at Wichita State University
“The music and theater departments at Tabor gave me a freedom to explore my ability to perform. By the vocal faculty, specifically, I was taught skills that not only allowed me to find the musician within myself, but also to further the process of finding myself as a man of God. The music department truly gifted me with a confidence needed to persist through the uncertain waters of the opera world.”
Music Areas of Study
- Music Education
- Private Voice Studio Teaching
- Private Instrument Studio Teaching
- Piano Pedagogy
- Sacred Music
- Choral Ensembles
- Symphonic Band
- Jazz Ensemble
- Contemporary Christian Music
- Athletic Bands
- Sacred Music
Audition Guidelines & Scholarships
You can audition for different scholarship opportunities at Tabor College.
Download our Performing Arts Audition Guidelines
Fill out the online Music Scholarship Application Form
Download the Music Scholarship Application Form
- Orchestral, Choral, or Band Conductor
- Music Teacher
- Music Minister
- Professional Accompanist
- Private Studio Teacher
Why Performing Arts at Tabor?
- 100 PERCENT of graduates who have sought a career in their chosen field have secured employment
- Concert Choir selected to sing for the KANSAS MUSIC EDUCATORS ASSOCIATION State Convention six times since 2000
- 11 FINALISTS in the National Association of Teachers of Singing Competitions in the past five years
- BASKETBALL BAND STIPEND: All Basketball Pep Band members receive a stipend for their service based on the number of games played.
- ANNUAL DOMESTIC TOURS for all performing ensembles