Tabor College Music & Theatre offers many opportunities for academic and artistic success.
Why Music at Tabor?
- The mission of the Tabor College Music Department is to train artist-scholars as they pursue their vocational calling to use their musical gifts for Jesus Christ as teachers, studio instructors, church ministry leaders, and in musical theatre.
- The Shari Flaming Center for the Arts, which features an 839-seat Richert Auditorium, provides a signature space for students to excel in any facet of their career and passion for music and theatre.
- Concentrations in Musical Theatre, Worship Leadership, and Performance set the stage for opportunities to perform in various music ensembles or theatre productions.
- Music education students get hands-on experience teaching piano, voice, guitar, woodwinds, and brass in the Music Preparatory School. These students have all received job placements after completing their degrees.
Amy Tolle (g’06)
Vocal Music Teacher, Hesston High School (Kan.)
While in high school, I felt the Lord encouraging me to pursue a Christ-centered education. I found that Tabor was the perfect place to do that as I pursued my degree in music education. The Christ-centered education I received from Tabor has stood as a very strong foundation for me as a music educator as well as in my life. Professors consistently helped me to see that as a music teacher, I could teach in a public setting, but still maintain a biblical worldview. The professors, lifelong friends, and the degree I gained while at Tabor, have and are spiritually and professionally impacting my life.
- Music Teacher
- Worship Pastor/Leader
- Private Studio Teacher
- Performing Artist
- Choral or Instrumental Conductor
- Professional Accompanist
- Music Education
- Performance (Instrumental, Piano, Voice)
- Worship Leadership
- Musical Theatre
- Musical Theatre
Performance Groups at Tabor
- Concert Choir
- Chamber of Voices
- Theatre of Voices
- Symphonic Band
- Bluejay Band
- Jazz Band
- Chamber Strings
- For His Glory/CCM
Audition Guidelines & Scholarships
Download our Performing Arts Audition Guidelines
Fill out the Music Scholarship Application
- There are annual tours for members of performing ensembles. Past trips have included the Pacific Coast, Midwest, Southwest, as well as Carnegie Hall.
- With generous scholarships available, you can study with faculty who are working professionals in their field of expertise.
- With our All-Inclusive Pricing, private lessons are included for music majors. Accompanist fees are also included.
- World-renowned artists provide masterclass workshops.