There are a variety of organizations available on campus for students of all interests. Students are encouraged to take part in activities outside the classroom. Leadership opportunities in these organizations provide students with experience for their future vocations.
Campus Ministry Council
Campus Ministries Council (CMC) directs and coordinates the efforts of student ministries at Tabor. The council consists of four executive positions, the campus pastor as the advisor and one representative from each of the following ministries:
- Impact — provides opportunities for students to get involved in missions and to serve those around them on campus, in the local community, and around the world.
- Share, Prayer and Dare (SP&D) — provides a contemporary worship experience in order that the student body might encounter God and each other each Wednesday night.
- Women’s Mentoring — The Tabor Women’s Mentoring Program connects Tabor women with women from around the Hillsboro community in mentoring relationships. The organization aspires to establish relationships of depth and help women become women of character according to Proverbs 31 and Titus 2.
- Wichita Urban Ministries Plunge (WUMP) — exists as a group of students who go to Wichita every Friday evening for ministry with kids from less privileged neighborhoods by providing a Bible lesson, crafts, a meal, and some time to hang out and build relationships.
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) — exists to reach out to all facets of Tabor College, and draw our peers closer to Jesus Christ, by exemplifying Christian fellowship through activities and lessons.
- Eve to Eve — desires to encourage the women on campus and build them up through experience and gaining the knowledge of God’s love. Once a week, the ministry hosts a big group night and during the week leaders host a number of small groups that meet for bible study, prayer, encouragement, and accountability.
- The “Underground” Men’s Ministry — focuses on sharing the gospel to men on campus and helping them understand what Jesus accomplished through his death and resurrection. They also equip men with the tools to lead a life pleasing to God as they gather in fellowship, accountability, and worship before God.
- Campus Prayer — brings people together to pray to God on behalf and for the campus. They invite the Holy Spirit to take complete control over the campus and open hearts and minds to the love of Christ.
- Various Bible Studies — available and open to interested students. Contact Ryan Lee, Campus Pastor, to learn how to become involved.
- Challenging, Helping and Understanding Kids through Mentorship (CHUMS) —
- Student Activities Board – Planning social events
- Student Senate – Representing student opinion
Learn more about student government.
Student Organizations & Clubs
- Business Club — The Business Club is open to students interested in any area of business, and provides career-oriented programming, and allows students to interact with Christian business professionals to get a first-hand look at how faith can play a role in the workplace.
- Multicultural Student Union — This organization is open to all students interested in sharing their rich cultural heritage through food, art, festivals, and cultural traditions, as well as celebrating and learning about the other cultures represented within the campus community.
- Science Club — Science Club all about the people who love Science. Whether you’re interested in Chemistry, Biology, or even Biochemistry, we’d love to have you in our club. Meeting about once a month, we get together to have a great time fellowshipping, eating good food, and practicing some science. We’ve got a lot planned for this year and hope that you’ll come and have some fun with us!
- Social Work Club — The Tabor College Social Work Club strives to promote social justice issues on the Tabor Campus and in the community. We use service values to reach those in need through service projects and awareness events. We also aspire to develop our own skill set so as to better impact the world in which we live.
- Student Music Association — Collegiate Music Educators National Conference (CMENC) is open to music and music-education majors and other interested students. The main event of the year is the state music convention. Membership in CMENC provides students with subscriptions to the Music Educator’s Journal and Kansas Music Review.
- The Bluejay — The yearbook: it’s what documents a year of life at Tabor College, all from the students’ eyes. The yearbook staff combines their talents of photography, writing, and design to create a book of memories that all students can enjoy. Even in years to come, Tabor alumni can look back at their yearbooks and remember what their college experience was like. The staff consists of editors, writers, photographers and designers. Anyone with interests in these areas are invited to join! To contact the yearbook staff please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The View — The campus newspaper, The View, is published throughout the year under the direction of Student Senate. Students receive the newspaper as part of their fees, and subscriptions for non-students are available for a fee of $10 per semester. Those interested can contact The View through e-mail at email@example.com.
- Math Club — Math Club all about the people who love Math.