Find limitless opportunities through the written word.
A mix of contemporary and traditional content is designed to strengthen your foundation for a wide variety of career opportunities. Studying English also provides an experience that showcases that significant literature is still being written. Curriculum is designed to not just focus on writing, but multimedia as well.
Why English at Tabor?
- Explore the ways language and literature connect us to God and to each other.
- Study a variety of texts—from ancient to contemporary and in multiple formats—to develop advanced critical thinking skills.
- A small faculty-to-student ratio allows you to work closely with peers and professors.
- English majors are encouraged to participate in student services, providing opportunities to tutor fellow students and also hone skills for future careers.
Sierra Sanchez (g’18)
High School Teacher, Hawai‘i Preparatory Academy
“The education I received at Tabor really helped prepare me for the teaching job. The small class sizes and approachable professors created a positive learning environment. One of the most valuable experiences I had during my time at Tabor was working at the Writing Center. I learned how to grade essays and give writing feedback, both of which are skills I use on a daily basis with my current students.”
- English Teacher in Secondary Education
- Literary Studies
- Creative Writing
- Graduate school in English, Linguistics, Law, or Library Science
- English is a major that can be easily paired across campus, broadening your opportunities for employment.
- You are encouraged to participate in internships to apply knowledge from the classroom and engage your gifts in the business world.
- We offer strong courses in literary studies, composition, grammar, and rhetoric that develop critical thinking skills for your career.
- Tabor English Education majors have a 100% pass rate on the English Language Arts Praxis exam.