Tabor College One-hundred-tenth Commencement
Sunday, October 11, 2020
Joel H. Wiens Stadium at Reimer Field
Symphonic Band Concert 9:30 a.m.
Commencement Exercise 10:00 a.m.
Tickets are limited and required and may be reserved at tabor.edu/tickets through the student’s Tabor login until October 7 at 5:00 pm (CST).
- The ceremony will be live-streamed for guests who are not able to attend.
- The link will be posted on this page closer to commencement
Photos from Commencement
For your Saftey
- Each graduate will receive 8 guest tickets (not including the graduate).
- These tickets will be reserved by going to tabor.edu/tickets. Each student will need to log in with their Tabor student login to secure the tickets.
- You must have a paper or electronic ticket for guests over age one in hand at the gate for admittance to the stadium. If you need more than 8 tickets, please call Miriam Kliewer at (620) 947-3121 Ext. 1057 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org and request the additional number needed.
- These will go on a waitlist. If you have tickets you will not be using and want to share with another family, please email Miriam Kliewer at email@example.com and let her know how many extra tickets you have available.
- Masks will be required for all attendees over age two until seated, as long as physical distancing can be maintained.
- All attendees will be screened with the following five questions at the gate and will have their temperature taken before entering the stadium. If you are not feeling well on the day of graduation, please honor the graduates and other attendees and remain home.
- Have you had a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater in the past 48 hours (or 99.6 degrees or greater if your age is 65 and older)?
- Do you have chills, dry cough, shortness of breath or difficulty
breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, new loss of taste or
smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting,
diarrhea, or headache (not related to a chronic medical issue or
- Have you traveled to a KDHE hotspot (this will be updated regularly according to the KDHE website) recently or have you received notification from public health officials (state or local) that you are a close contact of a laboratory-confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Within the past 14 days, have you been around anyone who
has tested positive for or is presumed to have COVID-19/novel
- Are you awaiting test results for COVID-19 If you answer “yes” to any of the above questions or register a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher at the gate, you will be given a card with further instructions.
- Seating will be at half capacity to allow social distancing. Family units may sit together in the stadium but will be expected to space themselves 6 feet from other family units.
- Bottled water will be available at both entrances for guests to pick up.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be conveniently located throughout the stadium.
Parking and Stadium Entry Map
Commencement Ceremony Inclement Weather Plan
- The graduation ceremony will be moved to the Tabor College gymnasium with overflow in the Richert Auditorium and the Franz Heritage Lobby.
- You will still have eight tickets available, but your family will have to make a decision as to which four will come to the gymnasium and which four will watch from the Richert Auditorium.
- Each graduate will have access to 3 free tickets which can ONLY be reserved through the students’ Tabor login by going to tabor.edu/tickets.
- Additional tickets may be purchased for $7 per ticket on tabor.edu/tickets using a secondary login. You must have a paper or electronic ticket in hand to receive your gourmet packaged meal.
- Masks will be required as you enter the party and receive your food.
- Tables and chairs will be set out with distancing in mind. Once you are seated at a table with family, you are free to remove your masks.
- Hand sanitizer will be available on each table.
President’s Party Inclement Weather Plan
- The President’s Party will be held in the Shari Flaming Center for the Arts.
- We will still provide a packaged gourmet lunch and will set up tables and chairs indoors for you and your family to be able to enjoy a celebratory lunch together.
To view candidates for each degree, click on the Graduate Spotlight button below.Graduate Spotlight
Click here to view the pictures of past events.
Watch the playback of Tabor’s 108th Commencement.
Directions and a downloadable map of the Tabor College campus.
An application for a degree must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office at least six weeks prior to the date that the degree is to be conferred. The links below provide you with the forms you will need to apply for a degree:
Tabor College – Hillsboro campus
Commencement exercises are held once a year in May, but degrees can be conferred at other times. Students who have completed all degree requirements are encouraged to participate in Commencement. In addition, students who have obtained a 2.0 GPA and who have no more than 12 hours of deficiencies may participate in Commencement provided they have an approved plan to complete all requirements and are enrolled at Tabor to complete those requirements during the subsequent summer or fall term.
When will I get my diploma?
Degrees will be conferred and diplomas will be issued to students upon completion of their degree requirements and after approval by the Tabor faculty and Board of Directors in February, May, October or December. Students who have all degree requirements completed by Commencement will receive their diplomas shortly after the Commencement ceremony.