What is my transcript?

A transcript is a certified, official copy of your permanent academic record.

The Privacy Act of 1975 prohibits us from releasing your academic record to anyone without your WRITTEN permission. Your signature is required, we can accept mail, fax and email requests if they include your scanned signature. We cannot accept phone requests or email requests that do not include a scanned signature.

Please note: We CANNOT release transcripts if you have a financial hold with Tabor College.

How to request a transcript

Transcript Request Form

  • In Person: Fill out a transcript request form in the Registrar’s Office on the second floor of the H.W. Lohrenz Building between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
  • By Fax: A completed Transcript Request Form should be sent along with a MasterCard/Visa/Discover card number and expiration date to (620) 947-2607.
  • By E-mail: A completed Transcript Request Form, which includes your scanned signature and a MasterCard/Visa/Discover card number with expiration date should be sent as an attachment to registrar@tabor.edu.
  • By Mail: A completed Transcript Request Form should be sent along with your payment to: Registrar’s Office, Tabor College, 400 S. Jefferson, Hillsboro, KS 67063


We provide one free transcript. After that, each transcript sent is $10.00. The transcript fee is to be paid in advance by cash, check or MasterCard/Visa/Discover.

If you choose not to print the available form, please include the following information along with your written request:

  • Your current name, plus any other name(s) you may have used when attending Tabor College.
  • Your social security number.
  • Your home address and daytime telephone number.
  • Your date of birth.
  • Your last date of attendance at Tabor.
  • The number of transcripts you are requesting.
  • The complete and accurate address to where each transcript is to be mailed.
  • The appropriate transcript fee for each transcript ordered (see below).
  • Your original signature.

Also, please indicate if you need the transcript to be sent in a separate sealed envelope (often required by graduate schools). Indicate if you want your transcript held until current semester grades are posted and/or until degree is posted.

Important things to note:

  1. No one else may pick up your transcript without your written permission/consent. If you are authorizing someone else to obtain your transcript, identify, by name, the person and include your original written signature.
  2. If you are delinquent to the college or are in default on any student loans, transcript services are withheld.
  3. A transcript picked up by you or sent directly to you is stamped “Issued to Student.” Many institutions will not accept a transcript that is marked “Issued to Student” unless it is in a signed, sealed envelope.