About Our Program
The Social and Behavioral Science department seeks to develop students into competent professionals with a servant’s heart. We equip them with the knowledge and skills for a lifetime of learning and service in various helping professions.
Download Academic Catalog
Tricia Kaethler, RSW
Rapid Response Worker for Metis Family Services in Surrey, British Columbia (Canada)
“Tabor provided me with a solid Christian education. The faculty taught me from a strengths- based perspective and showed me how to solve social problems, how to handle crisis intervention and how to deal with the difficult experiences that I encounter. On a personal note, Tabor empowered and strengthened my faith, without which I do not think I could succeed in this field.”
Social & Behavioral Science Majors
- Children and Family Services
- Crisis Interventionist
- Patient Representation
- Probation Officer
- Research Assistant
- School Counselor
- And many more…
Why Social & Behavioral Science at Tabor?
- RECEIVE SERVICE LEARNING, community fellowship, civic engagement and preparation for entry-level positions
- Students will be giving the OPPORTUNITY TO EXPLORE and understand their Christian faith in the context of helping professions
- FIELD EXPERIENCE and volunteer experience are required for most graduates
- GRADUATES ARE EQUIPPED to conduct research as well as enter graduate programs
- Social work graduates meet the REQUIREMENTS established by the Council on Social Work Education and are eligible to sit for the social work license exam in the state that recognize the bachelor’s level of social work.
- Professors in the social and behavioral science programs have PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE in their field of expertise
Accreditation of a baccalaureate or master’s social work program by the Council on Social Work Education’ Commission on Accreditation indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of program quality evaluated through a peer review process. An accredited program has sufficient resources to meet its mission and goals and the Commission on Accreditation has verified that it demonstrates compliance with all sections of the Educational Policy and Accreditation Standards.
Accreditation applies to all program sites and program delivery methods of an accredited program. Accreditation provides reasonable assurance about the quality of the program and the competence of students graduating from the program.