Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Social & Behavioral Sciences seeks to refine a servant’s heart in its students. We’ll help develop the knowledge and skills needed for a lifetime of learning and service in various helping professions.
Social & Behavioral Sciences prepares you for professional excellence and provides a Christ-centered foundation as you fulfill your calling in the field.
Why Social & Behavioral Sciences at Tabor?
- The mission of the Tabor College Social & Behavioral Sciences is to equip you with values, knowledge, and skills to be helping agents in a diverse world while integrating a Christian faith perspective and enabling you to serve those in need with compassion and professionalism.
- A small student body provides a strong foundation for Social & Behavioral Science students, leading you to deeper relationships and interactions with your peers and professors.
- Our Social Work department is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education’s Commission on Accreditation, allowing you to earn a master’s degree in one year upon graduation from Tabor.
- Professors bring in practical experience in their field of expertise.
Erica Haude (g’06)
Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, Central Kansas Counseling
“While at Tabor College, my worldview was expanded and clarified in ways that allowed me to begin integrating my faith in practical, helpful ways. It was the first time in my life that I had considered things from a global perspective. I built relationships with students and faculty from different parts of the country, and even the world. This foundation of psychology and theology has served me well throughout my career, helping me understand my calling and identity in important ways. It was at Tabor that I developed relationships that have continued to serve as anchors and buoys in my life and career. I have a network of relationships that I can call both personally and professionally. In counseling we often talk about how relationships are where growth happens; at Tabor, I experienced the truth of this time and time again.”
- Children & Family Services
- Crisis Interventionist
- Patient Representation
- Probation Officer
- Research Assistant
- School Counselor
- Social Work
- Social Work
- Receive service-learning, community fellowship, civic engagement, and preparation for entry-level positions.
- Explore and understand your Christian faith in the context of helping professions.
- Field and volunteer experience are a part of your coursework.
- Graduates are equipped to conduct research and be prepared for a master’s degree.
Tabor College is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education’s Commission on Accreditation.
Accreditation of a baccalaureate or master’s social work program by the Council on Social Work Education’ Commission on Accreditation indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of program quality evaluated through a peer review process. An accredited program has sufficient resources to meet its mission and goals and the Commission on Accreditation has verified that it demonstrates compliance with all sections of the Educational Policy and Accreditation Standards.
Accreditation applies to all program sites and program delivery methods of an accredited program. Accreditation provides reasonable assurance about the quality of the program and the competence of students graduating from the program.