Student Activities Board
The Student Activities Board (SAB) is responsible to plan, under the direction of the Student Senate, social events for the year, including banquets and recreational activities. The group’s objectives are to present creative entertainment that enhances the college experience, promote community among Tabor students, and provide a sense of Tabor spirit and pride.
Student Senate’s role in institutional decision making is highly significant as it represents and forms student opinion. Student Senate’s official function includes:
- Establishing and monitoring budget monies drawn from student fees
- Electing and monitoring student representatives to various committees such as Academic Policies Committee, Student Life Committee, and Student Advisory Committee as well as to the Tabor Board of Directors
- Responding to and initiating policy through the Vice President of Student Life
- Directing publication of the student newspaper, The View
- Leading and gathering student opinion and proposing or developing programs based upon that student opinion.
- Communicating student attitudes and ideas to the administration and explaining administration’s actions and decisions to the students.