Student Senate’s role in institutional decision-making is highly significant as it represents and forms students’ opinions. Student Senate’s official function includes:
- Establishing and monitoring budget monies
- Electing and monitoring student representatives to various committees such as the Academic Policies Committee, the Student Life Committee, and the Student Advisory Committee, as well as to the Tabor Board of Directors
- Responding to and initiating policy through the Dean of Student Life
- Directing publication of the student newspaper, The Tabor View
- Leading and gathering student opinions and proposing or developing programs based upon those student opinions.
- Communicating student attitudes and ideas to the administration and explaining the administration’s actions and decisions to the students.