Student Activities Board
The Student Activities Board (SAB) is responsible to plan, under the direction of the Student Senate, social events for the year, including banquets and recreational activities. The group’s objectives are to present creative entertainment that enhances the college experience, promote community among Tabor students, and provide a sense of Tabor spirit and pride.
Student Senate’s role in institutional decision making is highly significant as it represents and forms students’ opinions. Student Senate’s official function includes:
- Establishing and monitoring budget monies
- Electing and monitoring student representatives to various committees such as the Academic Policies Committee, the Student Life Committee, and the Student Advisory Committee, as well as to the Tabor Board of Directors
- Responding to and initiating policy through the Dean of Student Life
- Directing publication of the student newspaper, The Tabor View
- Leading and gathering student opinions and proposing or developing programs based upon those student opinions.
- Communicating student attitudes and ideas to the administration and explaining administration’s actions and decisions to the students.