About Our Program
The Criminal Justice Program design is responsive to the evolving criminal justice system in America. Students will gain understanding of the dynamic and frequently reactive relationship between the modern justice system, greater society and the individual.
John Garcia, Jr.
Patrol Officer & member of the SWAT Team for the Longmont Police
Department in Colorado
“I got to know Christ in a 1-on-1 relationship and people at Tabor helped foster that growth. Seeing the crime and violence we see every day, I always have my faith to get me through it. My relationship with Christ gives me a different perspective, when I’m dealing with people. I try to see them through the eyes of Christ. My experience at Tabor has certainly helped me in my career as a police officer.”
- Law Enforcement
- Victim/Witness Advocates
- Correctional Counselor
- Substance Abuse Support Counselor
- Juvenile Justice Workers
- Probation, Parole & Court Officers
- Child Welfare Officers
- Adult Protective Services
- Community Mental Health
Why Criminal Justice at Tabor?
- FIELD EXPERIENCE, internship and guidance from community advisors beginning your first year
- Students will be given the OPPORTUNITY TO EXPLORE and understand criminal justice through the lens of their Christian
- Students LEARN THE SKILLS identified by professionals as most sought after for new hires, law enforcement academies and
continued professional advancement
- Emphasis on ETHICAL PRINCIPLES, applied practice and solution focused perspective
- A commitment to COMMUNITY SERVICE and personal responsibility