Learn the most critical and desired skills from criminal justice professionals who serve in the public and private sectors.
You’ll be will be given the opportunity to explore and understand the field through the lens of faith, including leadership training that reflects Christian values. Criminal Justice prepares you for professional excellence and provides a Christ-centered foundation as you fulfill your calling in the field.
Why Criminal Justice at Tabor?
- Students will be given the opportunity to explore and understand Criminal Justice through the lens of the Christian faith, including leadership training that reflects Christian values.
- Our state-of-the-art Force Reduction Simulator gives you a firsthand look at utilizing ethical principles and de-escalation techniques in the field.
- Learn how to apply data-driven, intelligence-led, community-based, and restorative techniques.
- Practical applications also include investigations, interviewing, stop and frisk, arrest and search and seizure.
John Garcia (g’07)
Sergeant, Longmont (Colo.) Police Department
“I got to know Christ in a 1-on-1 relationship and people at Tabor helped foster that growth. Seeing the crime and violence we see every day, I always have my faith to get me through it. My relationship with Christ gives me a different perspective, when I’m dealing with people. I try to see them through the eyes of Christ. My experience at Tabor has certainly helped me in my career as a police officer.”
- Law Enforcement ( Local, State, and Federal)
- Victim/Witness Advocates
- Correctional Counselor (Adult & Youth)
- Restorative Justice
- Substance Abuse Support Counselor
- Juvenile Justice Workers
- Probation, Parole & Court Officers
- Child Welfare Officers
- Adult Protective Services
- Community Mental Health
- Forensic Psychologists
- Corrections Officer (Adult & Youth)
- Forensic Accounting
- Crime Scene Investigator
- Private Investigator
- Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice
- Gain an understanding of the dynamic and frequently reactive relationship between the modern justice system, greater society, and the individual.
- Receive field experience, internship, and guidance from community advisors in your first year.
- Learn the skills identified by professionals as most sought after for new hires, law enforcement academies, and continued professional advancement.
- We place an emphasis on ethical principles, applied practice, and a solution-focused perspective.