Students may be eligible for grants and loans from the federal government to help pay for their college expenses. To determine your eligibility for federal aid, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be completed. It is also the basis for state aid.

Applying for FAFSA
Federal Aid
State Aid
Private Lenders
Financial Aid Forms
Additional Websites


Follow these simple instructions to complete the FAFSA.

  1. Complete the FAFSA by visiting You will create your personal credentials and complete the application on this page.
  2. Keep your login credentials as you will use them in future years or to make corrections.
  3. Eligibility requirements for federal student aid.
  4. Please have results sent to Tabor College – school code: 00196.
  5. Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)

Federal Aid


Pell Grant

The Federal Pell Grant is given to students who demonstrate financial need through FAFSA application.

Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)

The SEOG federal grant supplements the Pell Grant and is given to students with the highest financial need. Priority is given to those students who apply early.

Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH)

The TEACH Grant Program provides up to $4,000 a year to students who intend to teach in a public or private elementary or secondary school that serves students from low-income families.


Work-Study awards are based on a student’s financial needs. Eligible students are employed through Tabor College and it will be treated like a regular job with HR requirements.


The U.S. Department of Education makes the loans, through the college, directly to the students. Tabor will use the student’s direct loan to pay for college expenses.

Direct Subsidized Student Loan

Direct Subsidized Student Loans are made eligible for undergraduate students who demonstrate financial need to help cover the costs of higher education.

Direct Unsubsidized Student Loan

Direct Unsubsidized Student Loans are made eligible to undergraduate, graduate and professional students and aren’t based on financial need.

Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS)

PLUS loans are made to graduate or professional students and parents of dependent undergraduate students to help pay for education expenses not covered by other financial aid.


  1. A U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien
  2. Take at least six credit hours and matriculate in a degree or certificate program
  3. Not owe any refunds on a Pell Grant or other awards received and not be in default on repayment on any type of student loan

Each new student loan recipient will be required to complete entrance counseling before a loan application is processed and attend an exit interview when graduating or terminating school. Students may access information about Exit Counseling. This provides access to the Exit Counseling Guide as well as the Borrower’s Information Form and the Borrower’s Rights and Responsibilities Form which must be completed in the exit interview process. Students who have a PIN have the option of using the online Exit Counseling. This will satisfy all requirements for exit counseling and give the borrower up-to-date information on their student loan balances. This is the quickest and easiest way to satisfy the exit counseling requirement.

State Aid

The state of Kansas offers scholarships and grants to students based on eligibility and application requirements. Visit to learn more.

Kansas Comprehensive Grant

Designed to aid students who are from low to middle-income families that demonstrate financial need. Must be enrolled full-time and be a Kansas resident. Must file FAFSA by April 1.

Kansas Minority Scholarship

Need-based grant for Kansas ethnic minority students. Based on academic performance and ethnic category. Must apply to KBOR by May 1 and file FAFSA by April 1.

Kansas State Scholarship

Designed to aid students with a high GPA and ACT that demonstrate financial need. Must be enrolled full-time, a state scholar, and complete state application by July 1. Must file FAFSA by April 1.

Kansas State Teachers Scholarship

Service-based award for students studying to teach in “hard-to-fill” disciplines. Must apply to KBOR by May 1 and file FAFSA by April 1.

Private Lenders

Fast Choice

Financial Aid Forms

2024-25 Forms

Additional Websites