Bible, Religion & Philosophy is designed to introduce you to vital contemporary issues of faith and reason and to equip you to serve Christ and His kingdom.
This major allows you to tailor your study to meet specific vocational and educational goals. The program prepares you for professional excellence and provides an academic foundation as you fulfill your calling in ministry.
Why Bible, Religion & Philosophy at Tabor?
- Find how God has called, gifted, and designed you, and find your place in God’s story.
- Discover diverse programming that will open the door to a career in ministry, including pastoral/youth ministry, church-planting, contemporary worship leading, humanitarian aid or social services.
- Dive deeper with faculty in mentoring relationships and building a strong foundation in studies and personal faith.
- Become equipped in head, heart, and hands for a wide variety of ministries.
Andy Owen (g’94)
Pastor of Equipping and Multiplication, Ridgepoint Church
“The Lord put a call on my life while I was at Tabor. Small group Bible studies awakened a desire to know Him personally and experience Him in community. Then a class I took on world mission opened my eyes to the needs of unreached people all over the world. I was given opportunities and mentoring at Tabor to step into various ministry leadership roles. I also took time during my summers at Tabor to work in various ministry situations, including short-term missions, which solidified my call into full-time ministry.
- Pastoral Ministry
- Youth Ministry
- Church planting
- Contemporary Worship Leader
- Parachurch Ministry
- Social Services
- Humanitarian Aid Worker
- Seminary/Graduate Programs
- Regardless of major, add Adaptive Ministry Leadership to minister in the workplace.
- Biblical & Religious Studies
- Adaptive Ministry Leadership
- Global Engagement (concentration)
- Strong courses and faculty in Bible, ministry, ethics, history, philosophy, and religion.
- Practical training in inductive Bible study for all majors, building a thoughtful and informed faith.
- Annual mission and educational trips across the globe, such as Europe, Africa, Asia, South America, the Middle East, or across the United States.
- You can be mentored in your chosen field through internships and service opportunities.