- Ph.D., Philosophy, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- M.A., Philosophy, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- B.A., Philosophy and English, Calvin College
- Professor of Philosophy, Tabor College (current)
- Director of Assessment and Institutional Research, Tabor College (current)
- Visiting Assistant Professor of Philosophy, Calvin College
- Qualified Administrator (Intercultural Development Inventory), IDI, LLC
Recognitions & Awards
- Clarence R. Hiebert Excellence in Teaching Award, Tabor College
- Graduate Fellowship in Philosophy, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Introduction to Worldviews
- Christian Ethics
- Philosophy of Religion
- Introduction to Logic
- Religions of the World
- Faber, D. (forthcoming), Review of Nicholas Wolterstorff, The Mighty and the Almighty: An Essay in Political Theology, Direction
- Faber, D. (2014) Review of Jeph Holloway, The Poetics of Grace: Christian Ethics as Theodicy, Direction, (43) 1
- Faber, D. (2006) “Discerning the Scandal and its Depth,” Direction (35) 2
- Faber, D. (2002) Review of Duane Friesen, Artists, Citizens, Philosophers: Seeking the Peace of the City, Direction, (31) 1
- Faber, D. (2001) “Modernism, Postmodernism and the Problem of the Criterion,” Direction (30) 2
- Faber, D. (2000) Review of William Dembski, Intelligent Design: The Bridge between Science and Theology, Direction, (29) 1.
- Faber, D. (1997) Review of Jay W. Marshall, The Ten Commandments and Christian Community, Direction, (26) 1.
- Faber, D. (1993) Review of Thomas Morris, Our Idea of God, The Cresset, (LVII) 1
- Faber, D. (2012, March) “Wolterstorff on the Sermon on the Mount,” Society of Christian Philosophers, Hendrix College, Conway, Arkansas.
- Faber, D. (2011, February) “Neal on the Value Problem in Ethics,” Society of Christian Philosophers, Hope College, Holland, Michigan
- Faber, D. (2001, April) “The Problem of the Criterion and Recent Epistemology” Tabor College Faculty Lecture.
- Faber, D. (2000, April) “Designer Genes,” Fort Hays State University/Hays Public Library series entitled “Civil Discussions of Controversial Issues” 5
- Faber, D. (1999, February ) “Comment on Hodes,” Kansas Philosophical Society, Washburn University, Topeka, KS
- Faber, D. (1994, March) “The Morality of Homosexuality,” Bethany College, Lindsborg, KS
- Faber, D. (1993, December) “The Nature of Predictive Prophecy,” Fort Hays State University, Hays, KS.
- Faber, D. (1992, February) “The Possibility of a Good God,” Valparaiso University, Valparaiso, IN.
- Faber, D. (1991, November) “Wierenga on Foreknowledge, Free Will and Prophecy,” University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA.
- Faber, D. (1991, March) “The Possibility of Principled Divestiture,” Fort Hays State University.
- Faber, D. (1989, November) “Minds and Brains: Toward a Christian Understanding,” Fort Hays State University, Hays, KS, October 1989.
- Faber, D. (1986, October) “Supererogation and Praiseworthiness,” Society of Christian Philosophers, Midwest Regional meeting, Loras College, Dubuque, IA