Our hands-on approach provides excellent preparation for work in the industry, graduate, and/or medical school. The small faculty to student ratio allows majoring students to build strong relationships with their professors and study the intersection of faith, mathematics & science.
Focuses on biomedical science will provide a structured academic and mentoring strategy to guide students to their goals in healthcare. A focus on science and math will allow you to work closely with professors in the classroom as well as guided independent research. Science & Mathematics prepares you for professional excellence and provides a Christ-centered foundation as you fulfill your calling in the field.
Why Science & Mathematics at Tabor?
- Discover God as you study His creation and the convergence of mathematics, medicine, and science.
- Starting as freshmen, students receive hands-on experience with one of the best laboratories in the region, utilizing modern instrumentation.
- The AED Chapter for Pre-Health Honor Society prepares students who want to work in any health field.
- Over 90 percent of our pre-med graduates are accepted into medical school.
Bryce Unruh (g’91)
Aerospace Manager in Space Sciences Laboratory, UC Berkeley
Unruh was one of the top leaders of a team of 200 engineers and programmers at Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp., of Boulder, Colo., who developed the avionics hardware and software that commanded NASA’s $600 million Kepler Space Telescope. He has also been developing a new mission concept for NASA, called ESCAPE. It is an astrophysics space mission designed to provide the first comprehensive study of the stellar EUV environments that control atmospheric mass-loss and determine the habitability of rocky exoplanets.
“God has led me in a way that you can’t even script. My life says it is more than I can ever say in words. He knew the desire of my heart and where I could be effective in the Kingdom. I didn’t go to Purdue or some other high-tech school; I just followed where God wanted me to go.”
Jessica Hughbanks (g’10)
Physician Assistant, Hillsboro Community Hospital
Hughbanks moved to the Hillsboro community her junior year of high school but has always called it home. She is a graduate of Hillsboro High School and Tabor College with degrees in Biology and Psychology. She completed her Master of Physician Assistant in 2012 from Wichita State University. Before coming to Hillsboro Clinic, she worked as a family practice physician assistant at Via Christi Clinic in Newton, Kan. Hughbanks looks forward to seeing patients of all ages and giving them the comprehensive care they need. Hughbanks, along with her husband and young son, live right here in Hillsboro, making her a provider who cares about small community health and wellness.
- Medical Doctor
- Physician’s Assistant
- Physical Therapist
- Research & Development
- Lab Technician
- Health Professional
- Wildlife Biologist
- Molecular Biologist
- Health Sciences
- Secondary Education (Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics)
- Environmental Science
- Most upper-level science classes have less than 15 students and have excellent student-to-teacher ratios.
- Irrespective of your focus in Pre-Health, Science, or Mathematics, you will have the opportunity to conduct undergraduate research and present and/or network at regional or national conferences.
- Whether it is biology, chemistry, or mathematics, students are well prepared for careers in business, industry, and education.
- Students in the science club will have the opportunity to conduct fun research and visit different industries and/or companies to gain hands-on experience.