About Our Program
Tabor College features a tradition of excellence and artistic success in the performing arts with strong community support for performance and academic pursuits. At Tabor College you will have the opportunity to learn from nationally recognized faculty members who have chosen to invest their lives in developing the artistic skills of young performers. Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, the Tabor College music program offers students several areas of concentration, combining a quality education in the liberal arts with an emphasis on service to others.
Graduate Student in Vocal Performance/Opera at Wichita State University
“The music and theater departments at Tabor gave me a freedom to explore my ability to perform. By the vocal faculty, specifically, I was taught skills that not only allowed me to find the musician within myself, but also to further the process of finding myself as a man of God. The music department truly gifted me with a confidence needed to persist through the uncertain waters of the opera world.”
Performing Arts Majors
- Studio Emphasis
- Piano Pedagogy Emphasis
- Composition Emphasis
- Sacred Music Concentration
- Music Composition
- Sacred Music
Music Scholarship Audition Guidelines
Tabor College Music Department Guidelines to audition for the different scholarship opportunities.
- Orchestral, Choral or Band Conductor
- Theater Director
- Music Teacher
- Music Minister
- Professional Accompanist
- Private Studio Teacher
- Theater Technical Director
Why Performing Arts at Tabor?
- 100% of graduates, who have sought a career in their chosen field, have secured employment
- Concert Choir selected to sing for the Kansas Music Educators Association State Convention six times since 2000
- 9 finalists in the National Association of Teachers of Singing Competitions in the past five years
- Winners of the previous two Newton Mid-Kansas Symphony Orchestra student auditions
- Students participate in up to 16 theater productions
Performing Arts Faculty
Read more about opportunities within our program on the Music Blog.