2019 Tabor College Voice Festival & Competition
Special Guest, Jamie Reimer, Soprano, The University of Nebraska
$600.00 of Cash Prizes Awarded!
The Tabor College Department of Music is excited to announce the fifth annual Tabor College Voice Festival and Competition, Saturday, October 26, 2019.
Offering performance categories in both classical voice and musical theater, the day will offer singers the opportunity to receive feedback from a panel of voice teachers, and advance through rounds of competition. These rounds culminate in a finals recital with a cash prize of $100 for the winner of each classification. Master Classes on vocal performance and audition techniques will be offered during the day, led by guest artist Dr. Jamie Reimer of The University of Nebraska, and Tabor College faculty members.
Additionally, Reimer will present a recital on the Tabor Campus at 7 p.m., Friday, October 25, 2019 in the Richert Auditorium of the Shari Flaming Center for the Arts on the campus of Tabor College. With this event, Tabor College seeks to encourage the region’s most exceptional music students in their advancement and study of solo vocal music.
- The festival is open to singers currently enrolled in high school or as a college freshman or sophomore.
- There are three classifications of singers: HS freshman/sophomore; HS junior/senior; and college freshman/sophomore.
- Students may participate in the category of classical voice (aria or art song), musical theater, or may enter both categories (separate songs required).
- Registration fee is $15 per student, regardless of entering one or two categories.
- Singers may register for the event with payment by registering ONLINE or by downloading the form.
Registration Deadline: October 18, 2019
- The first round of auditions will take place on Saturday morning, October 26, 2019. Each singer will perform one song and will receive a written evaluation of their performance from each adjudicator. The adjudicators will narrow the number of singers to no more than eighteen finalists (three per classification/category).
- Following the first round, the finalists in each classification will be invited to perform in the live final-round concert at 3 p.m.
- Guest Artists, Jamie Reimer and Stacie Haneline will serve as finalist adjudicators. Decisions of adjudicators are final.
- Each category will be given one winner. Additionally, the audience will have the opportunity to select an “audience favorite” award winner.
For more information, email event coordinator Dr. Greg Zielke at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Department of Music directly at (620) 947-3121, ext. 1401.