- Ph.D., English, University of Kansas
- M.A., English, University of Kansas
- B.A., History and English, Tabor College
- Professor of English, Tabor College
- Associate Professor of English, Tabor College
- Assistant Professor of English, Tabor College
- Instructor of English, Tabor College
- Instructor of English, Lancaster Mennonite High School
Recognitions & Awards
- Clarence Hiebert Excellence in Teaching Award, 2011, Tabor College
- Dissertation Honors Designation, University of Kansas, 2009
- Richard G. Kyle Faculty Lecturer, Tabor College, 2009
- American Literature I & American Literature II
- Modern English Grammar
- English Composition and Literature
- World Literature
- Advanced Writing: Expository
- Dick, C. (2013). Rev. of Red Quarter Moon: A Search for Family in the Shadow of Stalin, by Anne Konrad. Mennonite Life (67).
- Dick, C. (2012). “Transforming Frederic Henry’s War Narrative: In Einem Andern Land And Translational Embellishment.” Hemingway Review (31) 2.
- Dick, C. (2011). “Drama as Metaphor in Ernest Hemingway’s ‘Today Is Friday.’” Explicator (69) 4.
- Dick, C. (2001). “Fall in Wartime” and “Firework Stand, July 4, 9:00 PM.” Mennonite Life (56) 4.
- Dick, C. (1999). “Engineering the Future.” Tabor College Connection (52) 3.
- Dick, C. (2015, March). “Matriarchal Primacy: Family Structure in the Mennonite Bildungsroman.” Mennonite/s Writing Conference in Fresno, CA.
- Dick, C. (2013, June). “Metaphoric Shifting and the Infantilizing of Frederic Henry in the German Translation of A Farewell to Arms.” International Hemingway Society Conference in Venice, Italy.
- Dick, C. (2012, August). “Rethinking Education Metaphors: Business Transaction vs. Life Transformation.” Tabor College Opening Convocation. [keynote].
- Dick, C. (2012, May). “‘A Pregnant Allegory’: Metaphor in German Translations of Moby-Dick.” Art in Translation Conference in Reykjavik, Iceland.
- Dick, C. (2011, October). “Shifting Language, Transforming Gender: Hemingway’s The Sun Also Rises in German Translation.” OSCLG Conference in Evanston, IL.
- Dick, C. (2011, June). “Science Fiction: Background, Movements, and Characteristics.” Foundations for the Future in Marion, KS.
- Dick, C. (2009, April). “Restorative vs. Retributive Justice: Flannery O’Connor’s ‘A Good Man Is Hard to Find.’” Shalom Mennonite Church in Newton, KS.
- Dick, C. (2009, February). “Challenging the Perceived Ethos: Obstacles to an Integration of Faith and Learning.” Teaching about Religious Diversity on Mennonite College Campuses in Kansas at Hesston College.
- Dick, C. (2008, June). “Shaking the Iceberg: Metaphoric Loss in the German Translation of The Sun Also Rises.” 13th Biennial Hemingway Society Conference in Kansas City, MO.