Registration Deadline: TBD
Festival & Competition Schedule
SATURDAY, MARCH 23
The schedule for the 2024 Bach Festival is TBD!
- Elementary Piano Division (up to age 9)
- Junior Piano Division (ages 10-13)
- Senior Piano Division (ages 14-18)
- Young Piano Artist (ages 19-21)
- Senior Organ Division (ages 14-18)
- Young Artist Organ Division (ages 19-22)
- Elementary Division: $50
- Junior Division: $50
- Senior Division: $75
- Young Artist Division: $100
- Senior Organ Division: $75
- Young Artist Organ Division: $100
All competitors perform one solo keyboard work written by Johann Sebastian Bach. Upon approval by the Festival Coordinator, Elementary and Junior Division competitors may perform simplified arrangements of Bach’s works.
Memory is required for all pianists who wish to be considered for prizes. However, organists are not required to perform from memory.
The competition consists of two rounds.
- Preliminary Round: Closed audition format, with only family and friends
- Final Round: Three finalists in each division perform in a public recital in Tabor College’s Richert Auditorium
All participants may choose to perform for comments only. Please specify this preference when registering.
Special note regarding organists:
Organists will be given a twenty-minute period in which they may establish registration and try the instrument. Tabor College’s Richert Auditorium organ is a custom three-manual Allen organ designed and installed by Burton Tidwell. (Click here for detailed specifications and stop list)
FESTIVAL & COMPETITION FEES
- FULL COMPETITOR: $30/entry
Entry fee includes
-2024 Festival & Competition T-shirt
-Competition comments and monetary prizes for winners
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information or specific questions/concerns, please contact
Dr. Sheila Litke, Professor of Piano/Event Coordinator
Hillsboro, Kansas 67063
620-947-3121 ext. 1406