CMBS Genealogy Workshop Series
CMBS has sponsored several genealogy workshops. If you are interested in a workshop on a particular topic, such as but not limited to German newspaper research or the GRANDMA Mennonite ancestry database, please contact Peggy Goertzen, CMBS Director, at 620.947.3121 x 1211 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CMBS Event Pictures
Christian Leader Inquiry Form
Check out the new Christian Leader Inquiry Form.
Christian Leader Index
Download the first and second volumes of the Christian Leader index.
New and Used Book Lists and Order Form
Order new and used books as well as cassette tapes, CDs, VHS tapes, and DVDs from the CMBS New and Used Book Order Form. The complete list is viewable at the top of the form page.
New Publication (sold out: pre-order next printing)
Find out more about the new DM Hofer book, “Terror, Faith, and Relief: The Famine in Russia.” Email email@example.com to pre-order.
Back issues through spring 2015 of the CMBS Newsletter are available for a donation of six dollars each. Subsequent issues are eight dollars each. Some issues are very limited in supply. View a listing of the lead article for each newsletter.
- Historical records of the United States Conference of the Mennonite Brethren Churches
- Historical records of the Southern and Central District Conferences of the Mennonite Brethren Church and its congregations
- Historical records of Latin American and North Carolina Conferences of the Mennonite Brethren Churches and its congregations
- Historical records of the Krimmer Mennonite Brethren Conference and its congregations
- Historical records of Tabor College
- Newspaper and periodical collection, both German and English
- Paul Wohlgemuth hymnal and songbook collection
- Genealogical and manuscript collections of families and individuals
- Oral histories (transcribed)
- Digitized sound recordings
- Records of Marion County, Kansas, including cemetery database for county
- Records of Hillsboro Historical Society
Historical Online Resources
Five record books of Prussian Mennonite churches have been translated from German into English and typed into manuscript form. The books include records of baptisms, marriages and deaths, with some occasional supplemental data regarding church elders, teachers, membership transfers and excommunications. These translations were made possible and donated by James and LaVerna Shaw of Hutchinson, Kan., to the Center for Mennonite Brethren Studies at Tabor College. These translations are critical resources for those involved in Prussian Mennonite research. The titles of the individual record books as presented by the translators are as follows:
German and English Newspapers and Periodicals
For an inventory of titles held by CMBS click here.
CMBS Cataloged Holdings
For an inventory of holdings by CMBS click here.
Major online genealogical/historical database including PERSI (Periodical Source Index) subject index to genealogical/historical articles from 10,000 titles of local history and genealogy; complementary book index (25,000 family and local histories); digital collection of U.S. Census (1790-1930); Revolutionary War materials; Freedman’s Bank records, and U.S. Serial Set (U.S. Congressional memorials, petitions and private relief acts).