About Our Program
The Tabor College Athletic Training Program is committed to providing students with the necessary proficiencies of an entry-level athletic trainer. The Tabor College Athletic Training Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE). The program provides clinical instruction and field experience for students.
Athletic Training Services Coordinator at Pinnacle Sports Medicine & Orthopaedics
Director of Sports Medicine at Hutchinson High School
“Attending Tabor College and completing the Athletic Training Education Program not only prepared me for a career as an athletic trainer, it helped to develop my desire to serve others through my occupation. ”
- Athletic Training
Areas of Study
- Athletic Training
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Athletic training services in high school, college & professional sports
- Clinical practice
- Hospital care
- Brace fitting/sales
- Corporate health/fitness coordinator
- Preparation for physical therapy, physician’s assistant or chiropractic school
- Military or tactical athletic trainer
Why Athletic Training at Tabor College?
- Receive experience working with all Tabor athletic teams
- Field experience includes observation of medical professionals during orthopedic surgery, orthopedic clinical sessions, physical therapy sessions and general medical appointments
- 7 athletic training graduates have passed the Athletic Training Certification Exam (BOC).
- 6 athletic training graduates that passed the Athletic Training Certification Exam (BOC) have/or are pursuing advanced degrees.
Tabor College is currently on probation by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE), 6850 Austin Center Blvd., Suite 100, Austin, TX 78731-3101. The program has chosen to Voluntarily Withdraw its CAATE Accreditation effective August 1, 2020. The program will remain on probation until the Withdraw is effective and the program is closed.