- B.A., English, Tabor College, Hillsboro, KS, 1992
- Director and archivist, Center for Mennonite Brethren Studies, Tabor College, Hillsboro, KS, 1992 to present
- Research assistant, Center for MB Studies, Tabor College, 1989-1992
- Research assistant, Center for MB Studies, Fresno Pacific University, Fresno, CA, 1975-1977
- English Composition
- English 100
- English as a Second Language
- Folklore of Family and Culture
- Goertzen, 2014. Mennonite Brethren Home Missions in the United States (chapter). Victor Wiens, editor.
- Goertzen, Richard Kyle, Lynn Jost, & David Peters, 2008. Tabor College: A Century of Transformation 1908-2008.
- Goertzen, editor.2008. The Christian Leader Index, Vol.2: 1952-1959. Hillsboro, KS: CMBS Tabor College
- Goertzen, editor. 1992 to present. CMBS Newsletter. Published twice a year
- Goertzen, 2001, 2004, 2005, 2013 “Mary J. Regier: A Life of Generosity” ; “Amanda Dohner: Mother to Orphans”; “Rondo Horton: Moses on this Mountain”; and “Dan Friesen: The People’s Pastor”. Profiles of Mennonite Faith. MB Historical Commission. Church bulletin inserts.
- Goertzen, 2001. Miracle of Grace at Ebenfeld, 1876-2001. Hillsboro, KS: Ebenfeld MB Church.
- Goertzen, 2000. Emigration of Mennonites from Russia to Marion County, Kansas 1874-1875. Hillsboro, KS: CMBS, Tabor College.
- Goertzen, editor, 1999. The Christian Leader Index, Vol.1: 1937-1951. Hillsboro, KS: CMBS Tabor College
- Goertzen, P. (1998, 1999) 1908-1998 Time Line. Tabor College Connection Magazine. (Winter 1998, Spring 1999)
- Goertzen, editor, 1998. Each Step of the Way: A.E. Janzen Memoirs. Hillsboro, KS: CMBS Tabor College
- Goertzen, 1994. Vital Statistics from the Vorwaerts 1912. Hillsboro, KS
- Goertzen, 1994. Vital Statistics from the Vorwaerts 1913. Hillsboro, KS
- Goertzen, 1994. The Friesen Mill and Early Milling in Marion County. Hillsboro, Kansas: Hillsboro Historical Society and Museum.
- Goertzen & Solomon Loewen, 1990. Ebenfeld MB Record Book and Cemetery Inventory. Hillsboro, KS: CMBS Tabor College
- Goertzen, 1989. The Neufeld Famiy of Sparrau, South Russia. Hillsboro, KS:
- Goertzen, 1986. The Fadenrecht Family Notebook. Balko, Oklahoma.
- Goertzen, 1981. Triumph: 75th Anniversary. Balko Mennonite Brethren Church. Balko, Oklahoma: Balko MB Church.
- Goertzen, P. (2020, June) “Telling Our Story through Testaments and Treasures” TourImagination virtual museum and archive tour, Hillsboro, Kansas/Ontario
- Goertzen, P. (2020, Feb.) “P.C. Hiebert and the 100th Anniversary of the Founding of Mennonite Central Committee.” MCC Regional Gathering, Tabor College, Hillsboro, Kansas.
- Goertzen, P. (2019, April) “Europe to America: The Anabaptist Mennonite Story” Part 1: “Menno Simons Essentials: Who Are These Mennonites?”, Part 2: “Patterns, Persecution and Faith: Why Are We Moving?” and Part 3: “Brothers Helping Brothers: The Swiss, Prussian and Dutch Low German Mennonites in the 1870s.” Allen County Public Library, Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Goertzen, P. (2018, July-Aug) “Effects of the Russian Revolution on German Colonies: Mennonites” and “Ethnic Clothing for Mennonites and Other Germans from Russia: Work & Worship, not Fashion & Fad”. 49th International Convention of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, Fort Hays State University, Hays, Kansas.
- Goertzen, P. (2017, Oct.) “Who Was this A.R. Ebel, declared to be…the ‘Father of Hillsboro Artists’ ?” Tabor College Lifelong Learning, Parkview Church, Hillsboro, Kansas.
- Goertzen, P. (2016, Aug.) “The Trail to Corn [Corn, Oklahoma]: Settlement of Mennonites and other German Russians in Corn and Surrounding Area.” Central Oklahoma American Historical Society of Germans from Russia All-State Meeting, Corn, Oklahoma.
- Goertzen, P. (2016 Feb,) “The Story of the Mennonites in South Central Kansas” Osher Lifelong Learning Institute of the University of Kansas, McPherson, Kansas.
- Goertzen, P. (2015, Dec.) “Mennonite Christmas Traditions” Central Oklahoma chapter, American Historical Society of German from Russia, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Goertzen, P. (2015, Feb.-Mar.) “The Story of the Mennonites in South Central Kansas” Osher Lifelong Learning Institute of the University of Kansas: South Hutchinson, Kansas
- Goertzen, P. (2014, August). “CMBS Heritage Perspective.” Tabor College Faculty Retreat.
- Goertzen, P. (2014, May) “Historic Mennonite Sites in Marion County.” Mennonite Brethren Historical Commission.
- Goertzen, P. (2013, November). “Dr. Charles A. Flippin and the Mennnonites. Bethel College Senior Learning.
- Goertzen, P. (2012, June). “Cultural and Spiritual History of the John A. Bartel Family.” Two-day family reunion, Enid, Oklahoma.
- Goertzen, P. (2012, June) “German Newspaper Research.” American Historical Society of Germans from Russia national convention.
- Goertzen, P. (generally annually). “History of Tabor College and Mennonite Brethren. ” Parent orientation, new faculty orientation.
- Goertzen, P. (2009, January) “Journey Stories: Mennonite Immigration”. McPherson, KS.
- Goertzen, P. (2009, June) “Mennonite Clothing and Head Coverings” Kauffman Museum, North Newton, KS.
- Goertzen, P.(2004, November). “History of Mennonite Brethren and the Buhler Mennonite Brethren Church.” Buhler MB Church 125th Anniversary, Buhler, KS.
- Goertzen, P. (1998, March; 2003, April) “Basic German Research.” Old Mill Museum, Lindsborg, KS.
- Past president of Hillsboro Historical Society and Museum Board, 12 years
- Member of the Kansas State Hiistorical Records Advisory Board, 10 years
- Presenter annually for Marion County Leadership course
- Docent for local museums: Peter Paul Loewen Adobe House and the William F. Schaeffler House
- Tour guide for historic sites within tri-county area, based in Marion County, KS
- Member of American Journalism Historians Association
- Member of American Historical Society of Germans from Russia
- Member of Society of American Archivists