Tabor College Theater Scholarships are available for incoming students who have contributed significantly to theater arts. These scholarships are renewable when participation requirements are met (acting in shows, working on a backstage crew, makeup crew, costume crew, box office crew, or assisting with set construction or design). Additional requirements include taking theater courses, participating in meetings and activities, and auditioning/interviewing each year.
- Complete the Theater Scholarship Application Form.
- Incoming freshmen: submit your high school transcript and official ACT or SAT scores to Tabor College Admissions. Transfer students: submit all college transcripts.
- For those interested in acting: Attend an on-campus Audition Day and perform an audition (any scheduled Visit Day can serve as an audition day) OR submit a DVD recording of your audition. Audition requirements are as follows:
- Prepare 2 contrasting monologues, each 1-2 minutes in length. These must be memorized. (Suggestions: one Shakespeare or Greek classical piece and one modern piece, one comic and one dramatic piece, etc.)
- Along with your completed application, submit a recent photo and a resume listing shows you’ve been in.
- Attend an on-campus Audition Day to perform your monologues for Theater faculty. Any scheduled Visit Day can serve as an Audition Day.
- If you are unable to audition in person, submit a DVD recording of your audition. At the beginning, state your name, followed by the title and character’s name for each monologue. Recorded auditions must be good resolution, well-lit, and include your body in the frame.
- For those interested in technical theater: Attend an on-campus Visit Day and interview with a theater faculty member OR schedule a phone interview with a Theater faculty member.
- If you have photos, drawings, DVDs, or other examples of technical work you have done, please bring these materials with you.
- These materials can also be submitted as e-mail attachments or a mailed DVD, prior to a scheduled phone interview.
- To schedule an audition or ask questions about the application process, contact Laurel Koerner, Director of Theater, (620) 947-3121 ext. 1132.
- Submit Theater Scholarship Application Form, either in person at time of interview/audition, or by mail.
Department of Theater
400 S. Jefferson
Hillsboro, KS 67063