About Our Programs
Students will study with nationally and internationally recognized faculty members in the fields of Communication and English. The academic programs and coursework equip students for the challenges of a changing job market and the rigors of graduate programs.
Heidi Glanzer Carlson
Instructor at Washburn Rural High School in Topeka
“My time at Tabor gave me the foundation I needed to work toward excellence in my career as an educator. I was observing in a variety of schools on day one of my education classes, which allowed me ample time to determine which avenue of education I wanted to pursue.”
Communication & English Majors
- PR/Marketing Director
- Director of Corporate Communications
- Social Media Manager
- High School English teacher
Why Communication & English at Tabor?
- Internship placements with professionals in not-for-profit, public relations, advertising & media organizations
- Opportunities to travel internationally to learn about communicating interculturally
- Build resume/portfolio with on-campus work, service & community outreach
- 100 percent of our English education students have passed the Praxis English Content exam with 10 percent higher than the cut score