Graduates of this program will find themselves in high demand for positions of leadership and increasing responsibility in healthcare and society.
The Tabor College Master of Science in Nursing program is designed for practicing nurses who hold a bachelor’s degree. The program provides a superior graduate-level education that will prepare nursing graduates for professional positions in executive leadership.
MSN Specialty Track
In order to help nurses address the leadership needs of their organization, the MSN offers an executive leadership track. This track is grounded by foundational courses and supported with leadership specific courses.
- Nurse Executive Leadership – The Executive Leadership emphasis track develops into the graduate nursing student an executive perspective on organizational behavior, clinical operations, quality measurement and risk management, fiscal operations, systematic change, and human resource development. Students will also learn the latest theories in human communication to ensure they have the skills necessary to manage departments or nursing units within the health care setting. MSN Executive Leadership students take 18 hours of core nursing courses and complete 24 hours of specialty courses in Nurse Executive Leadership. Thus, a total of 12 credit hours are required to earn the MSN in Nurse Executive Leadership.
- The MSN degree includes themes of leadership and ethics woven through the program.
- This degree requires 36 credit hours and is offered completely online.
- Each course is intensive and is completed in 8 weeks.
- Most students complete one course at a time. This means rapid degree completion with more focus and less stress for you.
- An evidence-based project gives you opportunity to document your learning experiences.
- Personalized attention is provided with small class sizes. Faculty and preceptor-guided practicum experiences provide knowledge and mentoring.
- All instruction is Christ-centered and taught by well-qualified Christian faculty who are experienced in their fields and who want to help you reach your professional goals.
- Access to federal student loans available for those who qualify.
- Tabor College is accredited and has been named in the top 5 online colleges in Kansas.
- Theoretical Foundations
- Foundations of Health Care Systems & Policy
- Diverse Populations & Health Care
- Evidence-Based Nursing Practice: Research &Process Improvement
- Legal & Ethical Issues in Health Care Management
- Nursing Leadership & Advanced Role Development
- Advanced Practice Nursing Field Experience
- Evidence-Based Advanced Practice Nursing Capstone
- Building Effective Communication & Relationships
- Professionalism & Executive Career Development
- Nursing Leadership & Systems Thinking
- Financial Management & Resource Allocation in Health Care Systems
Applicants must meet the following requirements in order to be admitted to the master of Science in Nursing Program:
- An official transcript showing a conferred bachelor’s degree from a nationally accredited nursing program.
- An overall cumulative grade point average of 3.0 in the last 60 semester hours of undergraduate coursework.
- International students are also required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) before being considered for admission. The minimum TOEFL score is 560.
- All applicants must provide three letters of professional reference. References should be from faculty members, professional colleagues, or work supervisors who can evaluate your potential for success in a graduate program. Recommendations from family, friends, other students or co-workers are NOT appropriate.
- All applicants must submit an online application for admission, reference letters, goal statement and admission fee. The Goal Statement is your opportunity to tell faculty what you are planning to do with your career after you finish you master’s degree. Before writing your goal statement, please carefully review information about the specialty on our website so that your clearly indicate to the faculty that you are a fit with the specialty.
- A course in statistics with a grade of C or higher, and undergraduate research course, and computer literacy (including word processing, email and Internet searches) are pre-requisites for all concentrations in nursing.
- RN applicants must be eligible to practice in the state where they will be completing their program practicum.
- Criminal background check is required to enter into the program.
- Each applicant to the Master of Science in Nursing program will be evaluated on the basis of the admissions materials submitted. A student may be fully admitted, provisionally admitted, probationary admitted, or denied. Applicants admitted into the program are expected to enroll in the program within 12 months of admission.
Why MSN at Tabor College?
- Financial aid available
- Transfer in up to six credit hours
- Current information and techniques taught by professionals who have advanced degrees in nursing
- One course at a time, complete in 24 months
- Online learning for greater flexibility
- Christian view integrated through program