Norton Christian Church – Student Minister
- Set the vision for the student ministry with a plan to carry it out.
- Develop and lead programs according to the vision and purpose of the student ministry.
- Recruit and train volunteer leaders to help you with your purpose.
- Weekly duties include teaching and coordinating the high school Sunday school class, teaching in Children’s Church, Sunday night high school class and Wednesday night junior high class.
- Build and maintain relationships with teens both churched and unchurched.
- Build and maintain quality relationships with parents.
- Clearly share your vision with parents so they understand the purpose of the student ministry
- Network with other youth workers.
- Be an active participant in camps, CIY, missions trips, etc.
- Meet regularly with other youth workers, encouraging each other, sharing ideas and experiences.
- Set and oversee the student ministry budget.
- Involve students in the ministry of the church as a whole, supporting and participating in the church’s vision, worship services, and activities.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- In addition to the Teen ministry, be involved in the overall vision and ministry to Children and Adults.
- Office hours in accordance with elder and minister approval.
- Be a faithful Christian committed to spending time with family.
- A strong walk with God through a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Teachable, with a desire to grow in their faith and abilities
- A self-starter – highly motivated
- Has a passion for youth ministry
- Understands youth culture today
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A good role model
- Team player with effective relational skills (works well with others)
208 N. Kansas
Norton, KS 67654
For more information about this position, our community, or an application form, please click the “Job Openings” button on our website’s “Connect” page.
Please Contact with Further Questions: