Headquartered in Wichita, KS, the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference (KCAC) is a member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) and sponsors 23 varsity sports, and growing. The KCAC provides quality internship experiences for students interested in learning in hands-on intercollegiate athletic administration from the conference perspective. This internship is based in Wichita; however, due to today’s climate, we welcome applications from candidates interested in working remotely.
- Internship is for academic credit only
- Internship is available for the Fall 2020 semester, with the opportunity to be extended through Spring 2021
- Regular review of the internship is expected of all interns to evaluate the experience and consider any necessary adjustments to the internship
The KCAC seeks candidates for an internship position in Sports Information and Digital Media. The intern will assist the Sports Information Director and the Assistant Commissioner in various aspects of Sports Information and Digital Media and aid in the promotion of the conference office as well as all KCAC member institutions.
- Produce news releases for KCACsports.com, including previews, recaps, award stories, etc.
- Compile and maintain conference statistics and historical records
- Assist with the maintenance and upkeep of KCACsports.com, which includes monitoring rosters, scores, and schedules on SIDhelp, the KCAC’s content management system
- Provide support in the areas of creation and posting for the KCAC official social media channels, including Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Design and/or update graphics for use on social media and digital platforms
- Attend championship events and provide on-site event coordination (if not remotely located)
- Find innovative ways to grow the KCAC brand and engage social media audiences
- Assist with miscellaneous KCAC social and digital projects as necessary
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enrolled in a degree-granting program (ideally in the fields of business, sports management/administration or comparable) with an accredited college or university that requires and internship (or similar) as part of the degree process
- Willingness to learn about industry trends and best practices
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of how to write, copy, create content and post on social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook)
- Working knowledge of Google platforms (Docs, Sheets, Forms, etc.)
- Must be available to meet with conference staff regularly via Zoom
- Knowledge of the KCAC and NAIA is also beneficial
- Fall semester applications preferred by June 15
- Spring semester applications preferred by October 15
- Fill out the form located at http://kcacsports.com/internships Be sure to attach and updated resume and cover letter at that time. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Josie Kremzar, KCAC Assistant Commissioner at: email@example.com