Closes On: May 10, 2021 at 12:00 AM CST Job Status: Full-Time Days Worked: Mon., Tue., Wed., Thu., Fri.
Advancement opportunities available to Paralegal II upon proven experience.
Specific duties assigned by the County Attorney and may include but are not limited to one or more of the following assignments: Juvenile Offender, Traffic, Child in Need of Care (CINC), Trial Assistant, Discovery, Victim/Witness Services, Adult Criminal, Forfeiture, Care and Treatment and Restitution. The Paralegal I will prepare documents and perform tasks as assigned with oversight by a Paralegal II or Office Manager.
1. Must have a high school diploma or the equivalent.
2. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred. May substitute prior experience as a para-legal.
3. A proven ability to work with a variety of people in stressful situations.
4. Proven organizational skills.
5. Knowledge of Kansas criminal law and procedures.
6. An ability to redact audio/video files as part of trial preparation.
7. An ability to listen to and assist without judgement.
8. An ability to prepare documents and correspondence with little supervision.
9. Must have strong communication skills and be able to work with the public in a congenial manner.
Determined Work Level: Level 3 – Medium Work Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly.
Apply at www.saline.org