Headquartered in Wichita, KS, the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference (KCAC) is a member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) and sponsors 23 varsity sports, and growing. The KCAC provides quality internship experiences for students interested in learning in hands-on intercollegiate athletic administration from the conference perspective. This internship is based in Wichita; however, due to today’s climate, we welcome applications from candidates interested in working remotely.
- Internship is for academic credit only
- Internship is available for the Fall 2020 semester, with the opportunity to be extended through Spring 2021
- Regular review of the internship is expected of all interns to evaluate the experience and consider any necessary adjustments to the internship
The KCAC seeks candidates for an internship position in Marketing and Operations. The intern will assist the Assistant Commissioner in various aspects of conference marketing and event operations and aid in the promotion of the conference office as well as all KCAC member institutions.
- Work with the Assistant Commissioner and Commissioner in the development of conference marketing programs and advertising strategies to promote initiatives, events, programs, and ticket sales
- Solicit new and existing partnerships for various conference events including Fall Fling volleyball tournament, championship events, Golf Scramble, etc.
- Aid in the implementation of pre-event marketing initiatives and promotional strategies for conference championships
- Attend championship events and provide on-site event coordination (if not remotely located)
- Make preparations for conference championship events including updating championship manuals, preparing credentials and signage, create award certificates and develop game scripts (when applicable)
- Assist in the implementation of social media marketing initiatives
- Collaborate with conference staff on miscellaneous KCAC marketing and operational projects as necessary
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enrolled in a degree-granting program (ideally in the fields of business, sports management/administration or comparable) with an accredited college or university that requires and internship (or similar) as part of the degree process
- Willingness to learn about industry trends and best practices
- Background in marketing, sales and/or community relations is beneficial
- Working knowledge of Google platforms (Docs, Sheets, Forms, etc.)
- Must be available to meet with conference staff regularly via Zoom
- Knowledge of the KCAC and NAIA is also beneficial
- Fall semester applications preferred by June 15
- Spring semester applications preferred by October 15
- Fill out the form located at http://kcacsports.com/internships Be sure to attach and updated resume and cover letter at that time. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Josie Kremzar, KCAC Assistant Commissioner at: firstname.lastname@example.org