Do you have a heart to see children know and follow Jesus?
Take the next steps by joining our children’s ministry team! We are looking for interns who want to deepen their relationship with Jesus and learn valuable children’s ministry skills. Koerner Heights is a Mennonite Brethren church in Newton with an established children’s ministry. Koerner Heights exists to awaken every heart to a passionate relationship with Jesus Christ.
We are seeking 1-2 interns to fulfill administrative duties for our Wednesday night children’s ministry, known as Kingdom Kids (1st-4th) and Zone 56 (5th-6th).
Overview of the Responsibilities of the Director(s) of Kingdom Kids/Zone 56
To serve under the supervision of the Youth Pastor to build skills in ministry through Kingdom Kids and Zone 56 ministries, through prayer, administration, communication, and encouragement. This is a 6-8 hours a week internship, paying $12 an hour plus mileage.
I. Children’s Ministry Intern
- Coordinate volunteers prepare for and assume admistrative duties for Wednesday night programming (Kingdom Kids, Zone 56).
- Work with, communicate with, and encourage an established team of volunteers serving in various roles/
- Virtually attend some staff meetings.
- Provide for own personal and spiritual development through reading, times of rest and renewal, and consistent Bible reading, meditation and prayer.
- Weekly and consistent communication with Youth Pastor.
I. A committed follower of Jesus with a heart to minister to children.
II. Enthusiastic and teachable with good work ethic.
III. A team player who can work well with others.
IV. Committed to completing projects with excellence and punctuality.
V. Must be 18 years or older, provide references, and complete a background check