Job Status: Full-time
Starting Salary: $17.53/hr
Under the supervision of the appropriate Division Staff as determined by current job assignment, Deputies will investigate incidents to enforce law and order and protect life and property. Work varies requiring individual judgement following policy, statutes, prescribed standards and procedures. May be assigned to patrol, civil process server, warrant officer, K-9 patrol, investigator, narcotics investigator, school resource officer, prevention officer, or court security officer. Applicant must be able to provide credible courtroom testimony. Applicant must not have any criminal convictions (adult or juvenile) including diversion agreements, expunged convictions or sustained policy violations for any act of dishonesty or racial bias.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must have a high school diploma or the equivalent (college preferred)
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable under Saline County fleet insurance policy (if from out-of-state must obtain a Kansas driver’s license within required 90 days)
- Minimum college education of an associates degree in related field (preferred) or 2 years of continuous Law Enforcement experience as a certified Law Enforcement Officer (preferred)
- Must be able to obtain Kansas law enforcement certification within 1 year of being hired
- No felony or domestic violence convictions including diversions and expungements
- Serious misdemeanor convictions will be evaluated including diversions and expungements
- Must be a United States citizen pursuant to K.S.A. 74-5605
Determined work level: level 4 – heavy work. The applicant must obtain a 3.5 score or above score on their physical capacity profile. Exerting 50 – 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 – 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10-20 pounds of force constantly.
Climbing/Balancing: climb inclines and ladders, uneven surfaces – balance required
Walking: frequent amount required
Reaching: frequently, overhead as well as horizontally
Vision: 20/100 correctable to 20/20 with glasses or contacts
Color Vision: ability to distinguish colors
Hearing: frequently perceives nature of sounds by ear
Speech: frequently expresses ideas by means of spoken words
Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination: frequently operates vehicle requiring moderate ability
Manual Dexterity: frequently operates vehicle requiring moderate ability
Former military personnel or their spouse that have been verified as a veteran under K.S.A. 73-201 will receive an interview if they meet the minimum qualifications of the position and successfully pass any required pre-employment testing or any requirements such as licensing. The veteran’s preference laws do not guarantee the veteran a job. Positions are filled with the best qualified candidate as determined by the hiring officials. To be successful, the expectation is that a candidate will be able to competently perform the routine tasks of the position with limited supervision by the end of the probationary period of covered positions.
To apply go to www.saline.org