Days Worked: Mon-Fri
Salary: $17.71/hr step 1 to $26.66/hr step 20
Responsible for conducting routine licensing inspections and KDHE requested compliance visits as well as assisting the Child Care Licensing Coordinator with all compliant investigations for all types of licensed child care facilities. Provides clients and citizens with child care orientation and educational information regarding the Child Care Licensing program.
- Must be a graduate of accredited two year college with degree in early childhood, child development, elementary education, public health or related field.
- Prefer two years experience in the early childhood field or working with children and families.
- Must have valid Driver’s License and must provide own reliable transport.
- Must demonstrate professional written and oral communication skills.
- An ability to maintain a professional demeanor.
- Must have basic knowledge of Excel, word and other PC software and all social media platforms.
- Must be flexible and have the ability to adapt to varying tasks.
Ability to communicate by means of the spoken word. Ability to hear. Must have fine and gross motor ability. Must be able to operate computer, telephone and automobile. Will require walking, standing, bending, balancing, sitting, climbing stairs or ladders, walking over rough terrain, lifting equipment and stooping. May have to lift, push, carry or pull up to 20 pounds. Possible exposure to infectious pathogens, blood, body fluids and hazardous waste. May be exposed to a variety of work environments including outside of Health Department buildings in all weather conditions. May be subjected to highly volatile and stressful situations involving clients including child abuse and criminal investigations. May be required to provide occasional weekend and/or evening work.
To apply visit: www.saline.org