Job Location: Hutchinson, KS
Position Type: Full-Time
Education Level: High School
Job Category: Transportation
Major Responsibilities & Duties:
· Transport bulk fluids to customers in PrairieLand Partners’ area of responsibility.
· Deliveries may include pumping of product from/to a tote, drum or tank.
· Assemble new bulk oil customer equipment
· Safely drive truck to and from destination applying knowledge of DOT driving regulations and area roads.
· Check loads to ensure product is being hauled in an appropriate and safe manner.
· Verify directions with supervisor before leaving PLP to ensure delivery to the correct customer.
· Strive to meet customer expectations.
· Develop working relationships with customers, both external and internal, in order to maximize opportunities and to ensure customer needs are addressed.
· Keep equipment in acceptable condition of cleanliness using approved cleaning materials and supplies.
· Maintain cell phone contact with supervisor to receive and transmit delivery instructions.
· Complete pre- and post-trip inspections on truck equipment and supplies.
· May perform minor roadside repairs, such as installing light bulbs.
· Maintain good working knowledge of the traffic routes of the area.
· Assist other company employees as needed.
· Professionally represent the dealership at all times and facilitate customer needs
· Conduct business according to company values
· Any other duties as assigned
· Must have Class B CDL and able to maintain a CDL License
· High School diploma or equivalent experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel: reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions of this position.