Closes on July 13, 2020
Job Status: Full-Time
Salary Information: $55,286.40/per year step 1 to $88,400.00/per year step 20 – depending on qualifications. ***New graduates will be considered***
Represents the State of Kansas as a trial attorney in felony, misdemeanor, and traffic cases. Represents the petitioner in mental illness and alcoholic commitment cases. Represents the State of Kansas in juvenile offender and child-in-need-of care cases. Research and write appellate briefs. Present oral arguments for cases.
- Graduation from a college or university with a four-year bachelor level degree
- Graduation from an American Bar Association-accredited school of law with a Juris Doctor
- Admitted to practice law before the Kansas Supreme Court and all inferior courts of the State of Kansas. Admitted to practice law before the U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- Two years of experience in the practice of law, preferably as a trial lawyer in the area of criminal law
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- An ability to interact with other law enforcement agencies, social welfare agencies, and public service organizations
Must be able to lift 10 pounds. Must be able to bend, squat, reach, lift, carry, push, pull, pick, pinch, and climb a step ladder to access and handle files and file drawers. Must have fine and gross manual dexterity to operate computer, telephone, calculator, and electric typewriter. Ability to communicate ideas by means of the spoken word, such as giving assignments, directors or participating in court. Ability to hear directors and interact with the public.
If interested, please apply at www.saline.org