- Ph.D. of Biological Sciences, University of Tulsa
- M.S. of Botany, Oklahoma State University
- B.S. of Biological Sciences, Oklahoma State University
- A.A. of Education, Tulsa Community College
- Current position, 2018-
- Instructor and Teaching Assistant of Human Physiology and College Biology, University of Tulsa, 2018
- Research Assistant, National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship, University of Tulsa, 2014-2017
- Research Assistant, Bridge to the Doctorate OK-LSAMP Fellowship, Oklahoma State University, 2012-2014
- Certified as a Pollen and Fungal Spore Analyst by the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology (AAAAI)
Recognition and Awards
- Dissertation Scholar of Southern Regional Education Board (SREB), 2017
- Chapman Scholar of TU, Distinguished Ph.D. Students Research Assistantship, 2017
- Science Scholar of Scientific Advancement of Native Americans and Chicanos (SACNAS), 2014
- BI 110 College Biology
- BI 202 Research Design and Analysis
- BI 214 Microbiology
- BI 328 Genetics
- BI 400 Ecology
- BI 404 Conservation Biology
Publications and Presentations
Undergraduates are underlined
- Johnson, M.; Primrose, M.; Travis, A.; McLoud, J.D. (2021) Deep sequencing of Hannaella coprosmae, Epicoccum nigrum, and Cladosporium velox to determine intra-genomic variation of the fungal barcoding region. 153rd Kansas Academy of Science. Virtual Conference April 10.
- Gaede, J. and McLoud, J.D. (2021) Testing species threshold for DNA Barcoding region in common airborne fungi: Using an ecological metagenomics workflow with QIIME 2. 153rd Kansas Academy of Science. Virtual Conference April 10.
- Knight, C. and McLoud, J.D. (2021) Deep sequencing of multiple genes to determine intra-genomic variation of the fungal barcoding region. 153rd Kansas Academy of Science. Virtual Conference April 10.
- Titah, J.T.; Karime ,C.W.; McLoud, J.D. (2021) Analysis of the stabilizing interactions and thermodynamic studies in aluminum-transition metal alloys (Ti, Sc, Mn, Fe) using solid-state electron density. International Journal of Computational and Theoretical Chemistry. 9 (1):1-6. doi: 10.11648/j.ijctc.20210901.11
- Levetin, E. and McLoud, J.D. (2020) Long-term trends in the Tulsa Air Spora. 7th European Aerobiology Symposium. O.060. University of Cordoba. Cordoba, Spain.
- Reyes, E.S.; Sanchez, A.G.; Davila, I.; Sanchez, J.S.; McLoud, J.D.; Levetin, E. (2020) Alternaria spores behavior in the atmosphere of Salamanca (MW Spain) and Tulsa (Middle South USA) during 2014-2016 period. 7th European Aerobiology Symposium. P.035. University of Cordoba. Cordoba, Spain.
- Levetin, E. and McLoud, J.D. Aeroallergen sampling, in Allergens and Allergen Immunotherapy: subcutaneous, sublingual, and oral. Lockey, R.F. and Ledford, D.K. (2020) Boca Raton: CRC Press, https://doi.org/10.1201/9781351208994.
- Gaede, C.; Parris, M.; McLoud, J.D. (2019) Testing DNA barcoding criteria for common airborne fungi: screening isolates. Kansas Academy of Science and Kansas Entomological Society. Johnson County Community College, Overland Park, Kansas.
- Levetin, E.; Rodinkova, V.; McLoud, J.D.; Dubuske, L.M. (2018) Advantages of multiple sampling methods for the analysis of airborne fungal allergens. Allergy. 73:176. Hoboken, New Jersey.
- McLoud, J.D. and Levetin, E. (2018) Molecular Identification of Aureobasidium and Rhodotorula from Spore Trap Air Samples. International Mycological Congress. Puerto Rico Convention Center. San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Schwartz, I.S.*; McLoud, J.D.*; Berman, D.; Botha, A.; Lerm, B.; Colebunders, R.; Levetin, E.; Kenyon, C. (2018) Molecular detection of airborne Emergomyces africanus, a thermally dimorphic fungal pathogen, in Cape Town, South Africa. PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases. *equal contribution. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pntd.0006174.
- Levetin, E. and McLoud, J.D. (2017) Airborne basidiospores: are we ignoring an important source of aeroallergens? Journal of allergy and clinical immunology 139 (2):AB26. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaci.2016.12.042.
- McLoud, J.D. and Levetin, E. (2017) Diversity of viable airborne fungi in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Journal of allergy and clinical immunology 139 (2):AB27. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaci.2016.12.044.
- McLoud, J.D., Medlin, B., and Levetin, E. (2016) What is that yeast in the air: airborne yeast diversity from a temperate climate. European Aerobiology Symposium. Lyon University. Lyon, France.
- McLoud, J.D. and Levetin, E. (2016) Aerobiology of yeasts: viable colonies and molecular identification from Burkard Samples. Journal of allergy and clinical immunology 137 (2):AB30. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaci.2015.12.100.
- McLoud, J.D. and Levetin, E. (2015) Magnifying: the truth behind fungal spore counts. Journal of allergy and clinical immunology 135 (2):AB231. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaci.2014.12.1689.
- McLoud, J.D. and Yang, M. (2012) The conserved function of Skp1 in meiosis. Frontiers in Genetics 3:179. doi: 10.3389/fgene.2012.00179.
- McLoud, J.D. and Yang, M. (2012) Genetic dissection of a conserved pathway in meiosis: identification and characterization of ask1–1 suppressors. OK–LSAMP Annual Research Symposium and SACNAS Annual National Conference. Oklahoma State University and Washington State Convention Center. Stillwater, OK and Seattle, WA.
- McLoud, J.D. and Doust, A. (2011) Does Triclosan effect legume bean pod, nodule, and biomass formation. SWARM Annual National Conference and OK–LSAMP Annual Research Symposium. The University of Tulsa and Oklahoma State University. Tulsa, OK and Stillwater, OK.