- DMA, Vocal Performance, The University of Alabama
- MM, Vocal Performance and Choral Conducting, University of South Florida
- BA, Music (Vocal Performance and Music History emphasis), Westfield State University
- BA, Communication and Spanish, The University of Massachusetts at Amherst
- Assistant Professor of Choral Music, Tabor College (current)
- Director of Music, Saint Matthias Episcopal Church, Tuscaloosa, Ala.
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, Instructor of Applied Voice and Aural Skills, The University of Alabama
- Voice and Piano Instructor, Excel Music School, Tampa, Fla.
Recognition & Awards
- National Opera Association 2015 Stage Directing Intern Award Recipient
- Pi Kappa Lambda (Music Honor Society), Eta Lambda Chapter, inducted 2009
- Graduate Assistantships at The University of Alabama and University of South Florida
- Applied Voice
- Concerto Bella Voce
- Music Theory I
- Music Theory II
- Aural Skills I (The University of Alabama)
- Aural Skills II (The University of Alabama)
- Stephenson, J. (2015, May). “Putting it all together: Win the job with your audition!” Druid City Opera Workshop [directing intern].
- Stephenson, J. (2014, May). “Social Media for the Young Artist.” Classical Singer Convention.
- Stephenson, J. (2013, October). “Understanding Fach: A Guide.” University of Alabama Opera Workshop [guest lecturer].
- Volunteer Instructor, Osher Life-long Learning Institute, Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Guest Adjudicator for various vocal competitions:
- National Association of Teachers of Singing, ALANATS region, Tuscaloosa, Ala. (2015)
- Classical Singer Vocal Competition, Second Round, San Antonio, Texas (2014)
- Classical Singer Vocal Competition, National level online round (2014)
- Shelton State Community College Voice Juries, Tuscaloosa, Ala. (2013)
- Classical Singer High School Vocal Competition, Tuscaloosa, Ala. (2013)