About the Program
All Christians, not just leaders, are called to be ambassadors for Christ. Yet how does someone prepare to be an ambassador? What components are necessary to become this type of person? In today’s globalized society, students need to be aware, not only of what is happening next door, but also around the world. As followers of Jesus, in this global world, students need to be able to evaluate and determine how best to make Christianity relevant to their specific situation.
Tabor’s bachelor’s of science degree in Christian ministry answers that call with courses designed around the skills a twenty-first century Christian ambassador needs: a decidedly Christian focus, a transformed life, academically excellent courses and globally relevant skills. Using an innovative delivery system, which includes online and face-to-face meetings, students will engage with a diverse faculty through courses that span personal development, business, ministry, biblical studies and cultural engagement.
Church Planter/Leader/Entrepreneur in Augusta, Kan.
- Graduates will be ready to increase their service in a wide range of activities within churches, nonprofit organizations, or in the marketplace.
- Previously earned credit hours may be transferred into the Christian ministry programs: AA students may transfer up to 45 credit hours out of 60 credit hours required to complete the degree. BA students may transfer up to 84 credit hours to complete the 124 credit hour program.
- The programs are available completely online and many courses are also available on-campus in Wichita.
- Elective courses for this degree may be selected from a number of traditional topics and students may also choose business courses as electives.
- All instruction is Christ-centered and taught by Christian faculty who are well qualified in their field.
- There are no admissions tests and no specific course prerequisites to enroll.
- You can take one intensive course at a time for 6 weeks each.
- Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
- Tabor College is regionally accredited and has been named in the top 5 online colleges in Kansas.
- Introduction to Adult Studies
- Bible Journeys
- Leadership and Community
- Global Christianity
- Spiritual Life Transformation
- Cultural Diversity
- Adult Development & Life Planning
- Sermon on the Mount
- Ministry, Relationships, & Communication
- Church and the Mission of God
- Living & Serving in the Globalized World
- Elements of Christian Faith
- Topical Religious Seminars
Graduates will be ready to step into any number of positions within a church, non-profit, mission or marketplace spheres. They can also enter into Tabor’s innovative master of arts program in Ministry Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
Why Christian Ministry at Tabor College?
- Affordable tuition
- Transfer in up to 84 credit hours
- Receive instruction from faculty with expertise in their field
- Attend classes online with face-to-face components
- 21st century educational methods prepare you for today’s globalized world
- Finish in approximately 18 months
- Receive personalized attention in small class sizes
- Convenient location at 21st & Ridge, Wichita, Kansas