Sharon Warkentin Short, Ph.D, M.Div, MA
- Ph.D. in Educational Studies, Talbot School of Theology, Biola University
- Master of Arts in Teaching in Reading and Language Arts, Oakland University
- Master of Divinity, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
- Bachelor of Arts, Elementary Education, Tabor College
- Online Educator and Course Developer, Azusa Pacific Online University and Crown College
- Children’s Pastor, Faith Covenant Church
- Adjunct Instructor, William Tyndale College
- Director of Christian Education, Faith Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- Minister of Christian Growth, North Community Church
Recognitions & Awards [omit if none]
- Doctoral Research Excellence Award, Talbot School of Theology
- Dr. Bill Bynum Memorial Award, Talbot School of Theology
- Evangelical Anabaptist Story
- Christian Life, Faith, & Ministry [Azusa Pacific University]
- Educational Ministry [Crown College]
- Interpreting the Bible [Crown College]
- Human Development & Discipleship [Crown College]
Publications [omit if none]
- Short, S. (2012). The Story that Grew: The Metanarrative of Scripture as Recounted by Storytellers in the Bible. In Understanding Children’s Spirituality: Theology, Research, and Practice. Eugene, OR: Cascade Books.
- Short, S. (2012). Formed by story: The Metanarrative of the Bible as Doctrine. Christian Education Journal, 9 (Special Supplement), S-110–S-123.
- Short, S. (2011). A Case Study of Children’s Responses to Bible Stories. Christian Education Journal, 8 (2), 306-325.
- Short, S. (2013). “Designing Dynamic Online Courses.” Society of Professors in Christian Education (formerly NAPCE). Professional Development Seminar.
- Short, S. (2012). “Why and how to teach children about the second coming of Christ.” Children’s Spirituality Conference.
- Short, S. (2012). “Teaching Collegiate Christians Their Own True Story.” North American Professors of Christian Education (NAPCE).
- Short, S. (2011). “Formed by Story: The Metanarrative of the Bible as Doctrine.” North American Professors of Christian Education (NAPCE), Research Mall.
- Short, S. (2010). “Children and Bible Stories: A Case Study of an Elementary Sunday School Program.” North American Professors of Christian Education (NAPCE).
- Short, S. (2009). Scripture Accounts of Tellings of the Bible’s Grand Story with Implications for Teaching Bible Stories to Children Today. Children’s Spirituality Conference.
- Area Book Review Editor—Children and Family Ministries, Christian Education Journal.
Email Sharon Warkentin Short