- Undergraduate Academics
- Adult & Graduate Academics
- Academic Programs & Degrees
- Student Experience
- Wichita Location
- Braden Anderson, Ph.D.
- Rick Bartlett, D.Min
- Daniel Brunton, D.B.A.
- Toyia Bulla, M.P.A.
- Lenee Bullock, M.S.N., A.R.N.P., F.N.P.
- James Catt, M.B.A.
- Gayla Corley, MS
- Christopher Dick, Ph.D.
- Christopher Ensley, M.A.
- Susan Fry, M.Ed., B.S.N., R.N.
- Angela Gragg, M.S.N., R.N.
- Jon Grissom, M.Div.
- Jonathan Grubbs, D.Min., M.Div.
- Ann Harder, M.A.
- Scott Harder, M.A.
- Chastity Harper, M.S.
- Clayton Helms, M.A., M.I.S.
- Paul Hill, M.A., M.S.
- Norman Hope, Ph.D., C.P.A.
- Tim Latimer, C.P.A.
- Lewis E. Lee, M.B.A., M.B.L.
- Julie LeFevre, M.Ed.
- Todd Lewis, M.B.A., P.H.R.
- Charles McNeil
- Donnis McPhaul, Ph.D.
- Joann Paul, M.S.N., R.N.
- Sylvia Penner, J.D.
- Mark Phillips, D.Min., M.A., M.S.
- Marlene R Pietrocola, MSN, MBA, RN, NEA-BC
- Aleen Ratzlaff, Ph.D.
- Amy Siple, M.S.N., A.R.N.P., F.N.P.-B.C.
- Tammy Stefek, M.S.N., B.S.N
- Jeanne Osmann Strausz, M.S.R.N., C.S.N.
- David Swisher, M.S.
- Todd Tangeman, M.B.A.
- Lyndel Walker, M.S.N.
- Brandon Whipple, D.A.
- Natalie Wise, M.A.
- Robert Zavala
- Spring Courses
- Student Resources (Wichita campus)
- AGS Events
- Get More Info
David Swisher, M.S.
- D.Min student, Semiotics & Future Studies (Leadership in the Emerging Culture), George Fox Evangelical Seminary
- MS, Instructional Design & Technology, Emporia State University
- Certificate, Practical Theology (Missions & Ministry), Emmaus Road Ministry School
- BA, Christian Ministries (Preaching & Pastoral Ministry), Southwest Baptist University
- Learning Management Systems Coordinator, Tabor College – Wichita [current position]
- Instructional Technology Coordinator, Kansas State University – Salina (2003-2010)
- Graphic Designer, Program Marketing & Development, Kansas State University – Manhattan (2001-2003)
- Ordained minister – Kansas District of the Wesleyan Church (since 1996), previously Church of God – Anderson
- 25 years of cross-denominational ministry experience in a wide variety of contexts (church planter; pastor, associate pastor, & co-pastor; summer missionary; and innovation/technology consultant)
- Research Assistant under oft-quoted statistician & author Dr. John N. Vaughan, MegaChurch Research Center & Church Growth Today (1992-1994)
Recognitions & Awards
- “Timothy Award for Pastoral Excellence” (Pastor of the Year) 2009 – Kansas District of the Wesleyan Church
- Featured in Conrad, C. (2010). Your Church Can Win. Evangelism & Church Growth, The Wesleyan Church (Indianapolis, IN). Introductory example in final chapter on “Life Change Stories” (pp. 79-80) as well as on the
E&CG department’s accompanying website
- Featured numerous times in District Wesleyan materials as leader in evangelism and missional church activity – example: Barns, ‘Burbs, & Boulevards
- Technology for Ministry
- Enhancing Powerpoint With Multimedia & Interaction
- Swisher, D. (2012). Evangelizing Post-Moderns: A Celtic Model. Wesleyan Theological Journal (47) 2. San Diego, CA: Wesleyan Theological Society. [author]
- Swisher, D. (2009) as WildcatTech. “Strangely Warmed: John Wesley’s Spiritual Journey”. [YouTube video with over 32,000 views]
- Kendall, G. & J. Davey (2004). Path to Power: The Step-by-Step Guide to Becoming a Fully-Devoted Follower of Christ, 2nd Ed (also 1st Ed., 2001). Topeka, KS: Lasting Impressions/Morris Publishing. [editor & publisher]
- Swisher, D. (1999). Praying in the Will of God (booklet). Olathe, KS: Lasting Impressions. [author]
- Hall, D. (1997). A Treasure Worth the Effort. Euless, TX: Successful Christian Living Ministries. [editor & ghostwriter]
- Swisher, D. (1994). The Evening Light: God’s Restoration of the New Testament Church. Bolivar, MO: Lasting Impressions. [author]
- Vaughan, J. N. (1993). Megachurches & America’s Cities: How Churches Grow. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Book House. [research contributor]
- Swisher, D. (1992). Keys to Successful Time Management. Nashville, TN: Brentwood Christian Press. [author]
- Swisher, D. (2013, August). “Beyond the ‘Digital Natives’ & ‘Digital Immigrants’ Debate: Re-Orienting the Logic of Immersion. Summer Institute for Distance Learning & Instructional Technology (SIDLIT) Conference.
- Swisher, D. (2013, March). “‘Be Perfect’: Jesus’ Semiotic Re-framing of Holiness in Matthew 5:18-48.” Wesleyan Theological Society annual meeting.
- Swisher, D. (2011, August). “Overcoming the Pitfalls in the Promise of Mobile e-Learning.” Summer Institute for Distance Learning & Instructional Technology (SIDLIT) Conference.
- Swisher, D. & L. Hannah (2008, July/August). “Integrating Active Learning & Experiential Context into Online Courses.” Summer Institute for Distance Learning & Instructional Technology (SIDLIT) Conference.
- Swisher, D. & L. Hannah (2008, January). “My Course is Online, So Why Aren’t My Students Learning?” Professional Day 2008 at Kansas State University – Salina.
- Swisher, D. & A. Starkey (2007, November). “Copyright Issues: Visual Media.” Faculty Online Course Development Series, Kansas State University – Salina, Salina, KS.
- Swisher, D. (2007, September). “Adventures in Marketing: Using Technology to Expand Your Institution’s Reach.” Axio Learning (LMS) Community Meeting & Conference.
- Swisher, D. & A. Starkey (2007, August). “Copyright, Digital Media, & the T.E.A.C.H. Act.” Summer Institute for Distance Learning & Instructional Technology (SIDLIT).
- Swisher, D. (2007, January). “When Does Multimedia Enhance Learning and When Does it Hinder Learning?” Faculty Exchange for Teaching Excellence Retreat, Center for the Advancement of Teaching & Learning, Kansas State University.
- Swisher, D. (2007, January). “Does Multimedia Truly Enhance Learning?: Moving Beyond the Visual Media Bandwagon Toward Instructional Effectiveness.” Professional Day 2007, Kansas State University – Salina.
- Swisher, D. (2002, March). “Evangelism in an Age of Disbelief: Exploring Saint Patrick’s Legacy Toward a Missiological Model for Evangelizing Postmoderns.” Wesleyan Theological Society annual meeting.
- Graduate Theological Education (GTE) Design Team member, Tabor College
- Technical Arts Team (Video Production) – Newspring Church (Wichita, KS) [current]
- Youth Sunday School teacher, Adult Discipleship instructor, & Cafe B12 Worship Team – Trinity Heights United Methodist Church (Newton, KS) [recent]
- Evangelism trainer and missions/outreach participant, worship team (occasional), seasonal orchestra – Hutchinson Wesleyan Church (Hutchinson, KS). [recent]
- Organized, co-led, & promoted multi-church outreach to Hispanic area of Wichita, canvassing neighborhoods in preparation for public launch of Iglesia Luz y Vida [September 2009].
Email David Swisher